Collegiate Underwriting – Committed to quality underwriting of Paraplanners
At Collegiate we have developed a dedicated professional indemnity (PI) policy for Paraplanners. Collegiate have been providing PI solutions for over 30 years and have an unrivalled experience managing and defending claims in the financial services industry.
Market pressures mean that clients are becoming more litigious. Our bespoke policy protects paraplanners and their clients in the event that the client sues for compensation following the service provided
As one of the UKs leading insurers of IFA’s we understand the risks of this work and the role of a paraplanner. As a paraplanner is not dealing directly with the public and not providing regulated financial advice to consumers the risk of a claim against their work is much less than that faced by an IFA, consequently the premiums charged to insure a paraplanner are much less than the premiums charged to an IFA.
For a quotation
Please download and complete the proposal form on the right, or send a copy of your current insurer’s proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you prefer to speak to the team please call us on 020 7459 3456.
- Direct contact with the underwriter
- Broad civil liability cover: – should a claim arise from a breach of professional duty, perhaps by giving incorrect advice or making an error in your work then anything that isn’t specifically excluded is covered
- Coverage – cover is included for criminal defence costs relating to any regulation or statute which applies to your business, for example Ombudsman cover
- Cover for fidelity and loss of documents
- Compensation for court attendance
- Industry leading claims service
- A-(Excellent) policy security
All PI Insurance is on a claims made basis, that means you must have an active PI policy at the time a claim or allegation is made against you. It is important to remember that once a PI policy expires you can no longer make any claims against it. Therefore you need to consider maintaining your PI insurance once you cease trading. This is called Runoff Insurance and provides protection against any claims which may arise from work you undertook in the past.
Some professional Institutions require their members to carry Runoff insurance.