Collegiate Underwriting – Committed to quality underwriting of Communications Consultants
As people are now more willing to turn to the law when dissatisfied with service, our work environment has become increasingly litigious.
All of our quotations are individually underwritten so you can be sure that the premium reflects your unique circumstance.
Communications consultants may develop and write content for internal and external media including internet, video, print and email. Consultants may also create strategies to strengthen communication among employees and with clients. The role may also include Public Relations work and Strategy.
For a quotation
Please download and complete the proposal form on the right, or send a copy of your current insurer’s proposal to [email protected]. If you prefer to speak to the team please call us on 020 7459 3456.
- Direct contact with the underwriter
- Broad civil liability cover – should a claim arise from a breach of professional duty, perhaps by giving incorrect advice or making an error in your work then anything that isn’t specifically excluded is covered
- Coverage – cover is included for criminal defence costs relating to any regulation or statute which applies to your business, for example Ombudsman cover
- Cover for fidelity and loss of documents
- Compensation for court attendance
- Industry leading claims service
- A-(Excellent) policy security
Typical claims relating to Communications Consultants
- Advertising space booked for wrong period causing missed sales opportunities and additional costs
- A Consultant not fully understanding their client’s organisation and advising on unsuitable measures
- Misspellings in publicity material or product price incorrectly quoted
- Errors in publication including libel & infringement of copyright
- Costs incurred to minimise negative coverage and perceptions following a failed communication exercise
All PI Insurance is on a claims made basis, that means you must have an active PI policy at the time a claim or allegation is made against you. It is important to remember that once a PI policy expires you can no longer make any claims against it. Therefore you need to consider maintaining your PI insurance once you cease trading. This is called Runoff Insurance and provides protection against any claims which may arise from work you undertook in the past.
Some professional Institutions require their members to carry Runoff insurance.